Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What was one of the original titles?

Want a glimpse into how I write? The Bug That Plagued the Entire Third Grade didn't start out as The Bug That Plagued the Entire Third Grade and it took a little over a year for the manuscript to take shape into what it is now. In fact even the title was different. I was digging through my files the other day and discovered this VERY EARLY version of The Bug That Plagued the Entire Third Grade! Can you see the title?


At one point in time (and I'm sure it changed a bunch!), The Bug That Plagued the Entire Third Grade was originally titled The Pesky Bug! The Bug That Plagued the Entire Third Grade sounds WAY better don't you think? I had even named the bug in the book at one point as Buzzy! What was I thinking?


It just goes to show that a manuscript goes through MANY revisions--did I say MANY revisions--before it even gets to a point that
1) you'll show it to others 
2) you start feeling confident that you have something
3) you get the courage to submit it to publishers


And it's just crazy to think that all of that turned into this...



GO FIGURE!

2 comments:

  1. I'm commenting on the food b/c there was no place to comment over there--that sushi was just gross!!! ew!!!

    As for music, fireflies is pretty close to dragonflies...I love the fireflies song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the sushi grossed me out, too. But in some places, that's gourmet cuisine--go figure! :)

    I discovered some new songs I never heard before putting the music together. I really like that site that helps you put together a playlist! Pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete